Organisational Health Check
What is it?
The Community Health Check has been designed to examine every part of your Organisation.
From the answers that you give, we will be able to identify where specific attention needs to be focused to improve your income generation, potential cost savings and your Organisation’s development.
The Community Health Check has up to 7 sections.
1. Mapping the Future
2. Organisation Review
3. Relationship Footprint
4. Skills Audit
5. Summary Report
6. Assist with the production of an Organisational Development Plan
7. Progression towards a Quality Standard
Who is it for?
Community Groups of all sizes, Public Sector Organisations, Commercial Organisations, in fact any group or business large or small.
How is the Health Check delivered?
The Health Check is a face to face session with people from your Organisation, usually the Trustees and/or the Management Team, and facilitated by Can Do Communities.
What are the benefits?
- Give the people in your organisation the opportunity to speak openly about the plans for the future
- Help the Trustees and Management Team clarify its current situation and its future plans
- Give your Trustees and Management Team confidence that the organisation is running on a sound footing
- Highlight some development needs that require addressing
- Provide a clear way forward in the form of a Summary Report to improve aspects of your organisation
- Increase your chances of obtaining funding
- Give you a plan to improve relationships with other Organisations.
Comments from recipients of the Organisational Health Check
- "Just to let you know that we found this a brilliant exercise – making everyone look objectively at the Scheme in considered and cohesive detail. Well worth doing – I would recommend it to any organisation"
- “Excellent, I thought it was a really good process, very easy to use, very helpful guys who came and took the session, they made it very relaxed so people felt able to speak their minds”
- “As a result of the recommendations made after our Community Health Check we have set up sub groups to lead on Communication, Funding and Planning.Our new Communications Group then presented our Sustainability Plan to local agencies and our Planning Team are leading the collection of evidence for a Quality Mark, all as a result of the Health Check recommendations.”
- “We approached Can Do Communities to undertake a Health Check on our organisation to enable a smooth transition from voluntary group to registered charity. A number of areas were identified during the health check that needed focussed development. This process enabled us to access legal support and guidance that moved the process through very quickly.”
- "The Community Healthcheck covers all the areas that Community Matters feel are important for community groups to regularly review, and the results should help them plan their future with confidence."
Enquiry form below. Once you have filled in all the required information and submitted your form, you will be taken to a new page.